Saturday 11 May 2019

The Hook Lighthouse Adventure

Hey guys,

Welcome to a new blog post. Myself and my husband went on a little holiday to Co. Wexford this week and I got some photos of our trip to the Hook Lighthouse. The last two photos are from a previous trip a few years back but since they show the lighthouse a little differently, I wanted to include them.

I love this part of the country, it's also where Loftus Hall is situated and not too far from Tintern Abby which I featured in a previous post here.

The lighthouse is one of the oldest operational lighthouses in the world, if not the oldest. Built 800 years ago it is perched on the coast of the Hook peninsula and it's still rocking out as maritime guide today. I hope you enjoy the photos I took of the day!


Quick photo before donning more layers for the adventure 

So much natural beauty around the lighthouse 

It's so rugged and gorgeous here 

Waves!

Gorgeous artwork 

These next two photos are from my previous trip in 2016. There was a storm a few weeks before we went and the sea was quite choppy and dramatic. I remember that the mood of the area was quite intense and I loved it.

Sleepy and misty vibes 

So majestic 
So there you have it! We had some coffee overlooking the sea in the cafe and we spent about an hour watching the waves. It was the most relaxing part of the whole trip for me and I am so happy I got to go back to this place.

What are some of your favorite destinations for a day trip like this? 

No comments: