In light of the (in my opinion) dreaded summer months I decided to do a blog post on the things that I find both win and fail about warm weather. In general I'm fairly anti-heat; I freckle and burn easily and my hair tends to get lighter. Not to mention the fact that I get hay-fever, headaches when I'm too warm and generally just get grumpy when over-exposed to heat. Having said that, there are a few redeeming plus points to the hot weather and thus I figured a list of pros and cons would make for a fun post.
1) People asking you if you're going to start wearing colours because it's warm. NO I'M NOT.
2) People in heavy jeans and t-shirts asking if I'm not too warm in my light linen and black dress. YOU'RE.WEARING. JEANS.
3) Make-up tends to melt off all too easily. Especially eye make-up.
4) Gangs of annoying young people hanging around more.
5) So difficult to find anything that isn't electric or pastel coloured in the shops.
6) Trying to find an appropriate bikini capable of holding up one's... assets ;)
|I could handle summer if it meant spending it on a beach like this. Image labelled for reuse. Click for source|
1) Warm weather makes everyone happy and puts a smile on everyone (else's) face.
2) Ice cream.
3) Drunken barbecues.
4) Wearing fewer layers of clothing and less make-up means getting to play with fun accessories instead.
5) When appropriately attired, lying out under the Day Star for a short while can feel amazing ;)
6) Walking around and hearing random heavy dance music pouring out of open windows. Only in summer :)
Ignoring the snow in the picture for this video, this song always makes me think of summer.
What are your summer wins and fails? Would love to see some blog post responses :)
Thanks for reading,