Sunday 27 January 2013

Sparkly Nails!

Hey guys,

Something I am not very good at is nail art, I don't have a steady hand and I lack patience. However I want to try out some new things with my nails for a change and see if I can improve a little along the way. I've seen manicures done this way with black or silver sparkles which I think would look even better but I went with what I had just so I could try it out. 

Right is Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top coat
Middle is Essence Colour & Go in Time for Romance (number 72)
Left is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Black Platinum (number 340) 
These are the colours that I used but you could use whatever ones you have. The trick is that the sparkles are a good way to hide uneven French tips. 


So the first thing I did was apply a base coat and then I then did French style tips free-handed with two coats of Black Platinum. I was watching a movie at the same time so didn't bother applying the polish with my hand on a flat surface, as a result the tips are really uneven but it doesn't matter because... 



I then added two layers of Time for Romance. The above photo shows one coat, when I applied the second coat I concentrated on getting the sparkles on the uneven parts of the black tip. 

Lastly I applied a top coat for a nice gloss and I was finished. I like to do my nails at night and then the excess comes off in the shower the next morning so excuse any messiness because this was taken right after I was finished. 


Simple eh? Do you have any favourite nail art designs? Or maybe you know some tips and tricks to make life a bit easier when attempting a manicure?

I would love to hear back from you guys!
Rebecca. 

1 comment:

linnea-maria said...

I do paint my nails while I watch the tv. It's perfect during commercial brakes :). I think you nail art turned out really nice.