Tuesday 29 September 2015

Photography Pratice


Hey everyone! 

Today I really wanted to get outside to practice my photography as it has been a while since I've given it a good go. My goal for today was to be more selective about the pictures I took and to think carefully about each picture rather than doing my usual thing of taking a ton of pictures of the same subject and picking the best later. This has led to folders of hundreds and hundreds of photos on my computer that have not been looked at since they got uploaded! I actually ended up taking 340 photos today but I was gone for an hour and a half and did LOTS of exploring so I did somewhat stick to my goal! Somewhat. Sorta. Honest!

I wore my Halloween Jumper for the occasion and my fang necklace along with the usual shorts tights and boots! I like this outfit, it's cute and comfortable.



Now for the photos! I like this one because of the different heights of the castle walls all ascending towards the sky in the corner. I also like the way you can see the other ruin through the entryway.



Was playing with perspective with this one, thought it might look fun to have the rope cut a diagonal line through the photo.


My main motivator for going out was the fact that the leaves have started to turn! It was admittedly hard to get a photo of them that looked interesting. Oh well I have a few weeks to get the shot that I have in my head! 


I went out during the hour before dusk which of course means sunset photos! I'm very pleased with this one. 


Obligatory graveyard photo, this IS a goth blog after all ;)


Another photograph courtesy of sunset lighting. Not much to say, I just like how it looks! 


This is a slight fail because it's so blurry but it was a flock of birds that I managed to photograph as they all swooped out of the trees!



This one is just for fun but I like this little dude, he sat there and posed whilst all his friends flew around above me! 


Well those are my favourites of all my photos! Thank you so much for reading my post and visiting my blog.

Until next time,
Rebecca.

4 comments:

Frilly Frenchie said...

nice outfit. nice shots!

Chris Hewson said...

Love your outfit! And your photos are fantastic! My favourites are the ones of the sunset, and the 'sunset lighting' one! And the picture of the lone bird sitting on the tree in the dark, next to the cross, would make a perfect cover/poster for a Gothic novel or movie!

The Phantom Cat said...

@Frill Frenchie thank you! :)

@Chris, thank you so much! Yeah I love that little bird! I thought the same thing when I saw the photo, nice shot for a gothic novel of some kind :)

Laura Morrigan said...

Your photography is wonderful! Great work! Love the angles!

That ghost jumper is so cute, want to steal it!